Thursday, January 7, 2010

Resurrection of Somesorts

Guten Tag!
My facebook page is down for maintenance, I don't tweet anymore, my face doesn't want to dailybooth, myspace is dead, I have no money in my paypal account and youtube is really starting to bore me. SRLY FML lol

Tomorrow I will be going down to Busselton for SOUTHBOUND camping, music and arts festival. Thanks to Jessica Eaton I'll be living it up VIP style! Last semester Jess decided to take on more work by entering a Murdoch Student blog competition. She won! (old news I know, but I haven't blogged for ages) And is now one huge step closer to her dream - an internship with Sunset Events. Read about it here.

The beauty of Southbound is that is goes for 3 days. Three blissful days of seeing, breathing, hearing and feeling music. The blazing sun, the dirt and the cues for the porta-loos don't matter anymore when you see some band play an excellent set. There isn't anyone I'm really desperate to see this year, so I'm hoping to become a fan of someone new.

Some notable acts worth seeing include: Andrew Bird, The View, Lisa Mitchell, Little Red (The happy drummer!), Children Collide, Art vs Science, John Steel Singers, Oh Mercy... I have also heard that Goodnight Tiger will be playing on the fringe so come and support some real Perthian tallent.

I mentioned a resurrection in the title of this entry, yes I will be writing more often. Hopefully more music and Perth oriented rather than self absorbed. I guess I'm a bit of a selfish writer, but if you had an awesome life like me...why wouldn't you write about yourself?


My two cents is bigger than your two cents

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will not concur on it. I assume polite post. Expressly the appellation attracted me to read the intact story.

Anonymous said...

Opulently I to but I about the collection should have more info then it has.