Monday, September 21, 2009

Boycotting Twitter

Firstly, still can't believe people ask me what Twitter is. Please, people of Perth, IT IS A HUGE PART OF POPULAR CULTURE NOW - it's not just a network for geeks and self obsessed B, C and D list celebrities anymore like it was a year ago.

I love the idea of Twitter being a huge database for unnecessary status updates (tweets) and @replies and RTs and #topics and followers (stalkers). Technology has just been such a revolutionary aid of stalking people at any given moment of the day. Ever since I have started using Twitter, I have been blogging a lot less. Tweets are under 160 characters so that doesn't leave a lot of room for expression and further detail of what could potentially be a good story. Essentially, Twitter has brought out the ADHD kid in me. Once I tweet it, I'm done on the subject, I don't blog about it like ye ol' dayzes.

Now, I am aware it may be hard fighting the urge to inform my 22 followers what I am doing at any given moment of the day, and yes it may be possible that I will go crawling back to Twitter like a thirsty camel in the Sahara. But it must be done if I am serious about getting back into the swing of things of steffbloggery. I just made up a word containing my name, and yes it does mean I am egotistic, so egotistic in fact I think this sentence has earned the right to stand alone in this blog and not hide behind the limitations of brackets.

Link to my twitter account in the side bar, you can keep checking here to see I have kept my word, or if you would like to see what I have been doing for the past few months. Now, I am not going to actually delete my Twitter account because that defeats the purpose of me showing my will power. I am demonstrating my will power by having the resources but not actually using them.

Who is with me here?

1 comment:

Jessiqwa said...

Lol, not going to happen =P
I'll make you crack.