Thursday, August 20, 2009

Art vs Science @ Norfolk Basement 19/08/09



I wasn't sure how the humble Norfolk Basement, Fremantle would handle all that energy from Sydney three piece electro band ART VS SCIENCE.
Let me tell you, it was a lot like the popping a mentos in a bottle of coke; the coke being Norfolk, the mentos being ART VS SCIENCE and the grade five scientist being me... Imagine screwing the lid back on and looking at that brown sugary stuff bubbling and causing a riot in a plastic deathtrap. In other words, it went OFF!



Triple J have picked many a well grown crop from the their Unearthed website and the structure of their act is quite simple: They play, you dance. For those who don't own the album yet *cough*, you might be familiar with "Parlez Vous Francais? Flippers and Hollywood" I can only describe them as high energy, upbeat and exciting; these guys just use their instruments so effectively you'll be too in the mood to dance to notice how cheesy they instruct you and your flippers to get down.

They are ART VERSES SCIENCE


Nothing much else to say really.. I really enjoyed the show, it was such a workout and the boys were really engaging. I should probably get their album and clean my white sneakers I wore to the show... Or maybe I should just let go of the fact they used to be white and accept they are now grey?

Thoughts?

No comments: